Chain Link Fencing
Chain link fencing is one of the most practical options available, as it is maintenance free and will add value and security to your property without obstructing your view. Chain link fences are a great option for keeping your pets in your yard, for enclosing your pool area, and are ideal for security purposes. Fence Direct installs residential galvanized chain link fence, as well as fencing with vinyl and aluminum coatings. We have fences in a variety of styles, colors, and heights to enhance your landscaping. We can help you choose the best solution for your property.
Chain link applications
- Yard fencing
- Pet enclosures
- Pool fencing
- Privacy fencing
- Security fencing
Chain Link Options
Pro's & Con's of chain Link Fencing
- Low cost – Since chain link fencing is made from a wire mesh it is fairly cheap when compared to wood and vinyl fencing materials. That makes it perfect for enclosing large areas like a pool, backyard or property line.
- Durability – Chain link mesh is very flexible so it can stand up to falling limbs or high winds much better than wooden fences. The added flexibility will allow it to bend instead of break. Plus, depending on the gauge of the wire, the mesh is very difficult to cut through and if someone wants in they will have to cut multiple links. That takes time and makes it much more likely for them to be noticed.
- Versatility – In residential areas you will mostly find them being used as a pool fence or backyard fence but you can find them everywhere in the commercial sector as well. Chain link is used at sports facilities to limit access and increase traffic flow. It is often used in prisons as the first line of defense and companies utilize chain link to keep unwanted visitors of their grounds. They are not found as often in residential areas simply because of their looks. You can do a lot to make a chain link fence look good but most people prefer to use wood around their home because of its aesthetic appeal.
- Looks – Chain link fences are geared toward providing security so they are very utilitarian. They can be coated to give the fence color and slats can be added for privacy but some people just don’t think they look good. Especially if they are not maintained because if they are not treated, they can rust.
- Visibility – Chain link fencing is a fantastic choice for pools and backyards because it has an open weave that lets you see what is happening on the other side. However, if you want to keep prying eyes out of your backyard chain link fencing should not be your first choice.